Thursday 12 January 2012

Boredom,boredom...

One of the ongoing dilemmas of the young part of our society is boredom.How many times i heard them say it,how many times we can see the outcome of it on our streets,meaning smashed lamps,bins,graffiti etcetera.They are BORED.And the climate where i live doesn't help the matters either,in summertime it's too cold to go out to the water,rivers or lakes for a fun day in the water,or camping,not even talking about the fear of being mobbed in the middle of the night.Winter is not cold enough to create all the thick snow and ice that would keep.All you can do is go out,get drunk or hit the shops and spend yet more money on things that you really don't need.Maybe i'm just being a little whiny.But I remember my dad making an ice skating area on what used to be a grass field in summer,in my native Poland,and oh how much fun that was!All soaked from hours spent jumping around the ice rink and covered in bruises from numerous falls and snow ball fights (usually started by boys of course),and then coming back home at the end of the day,into the warmth,my mum putting some nice warmed up on heater soft,wooly jumpers and then getting my hot tea with honey,heating every part of my frozen body straight away.It was an undescribible pleasure,this simple thing,so much worth spending all day out in the cold just for these moments!And how much energy spent in this fun,no wonder people have the saying 'sleeping like a baby' also meaning a child.Adult world is sometimes daunting,im not going to do this because i have no time,i work,im an adult and i have to behave a certain way or i just want to watch Eastenders.I think,WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.Let the 'monster' out,go and be crazy and happy!Well,i have made too much excuses before,and rather than do something usefull,i sit around,day in,day out.And so I AM doing something about it now.I will keep myself occupied by starting to produce some things i done when i was younger.As i'm stuck in the house at the moment,i will try to reopen my artistic side.What happened was,i made a few mouses out of scraps of material left over by my mum,and everyone loved it!I don't even have one of my own as everyone took a mouse for themselves,so something must be likeable about them.I also thought to try my luck and see if people like them too enought to pay a few pounds for them.And it made me so happy when i recieved my first order,alas it was from my sister...she also wanted a sister for the mouse she had from me all those years ago,so i made one.And she is nearly ready,just a tail and two legs left to attach,and then she will venture away to London,along with my little sister travelling tomorrow.
Other thing i used to do is drawing.I'd draw an underground sort of dwelling for all sorts of little animals,it was my favourite thing to draw,also i made quite an impressive portfolio of pencil drawn profiles of women,and then later on i made a terrible mistake of just giving them away to somebody i considered my friend forever.I simply did not think they were good enough to keep nor show off.It was my memories,my time and heart inside them and now i deeply regret it.However,i still have the same right hand now as i had before,so i will try to draw again.
I will give further details here on my blog,should anyone be interested,about the progress of my mouses,and also the site i shall put them up for sale....
Below is her,still unfinished,with a little bagpack...


P.S

My first ever sale was sucssesful :)- 1 happy sister and 4 more orders (also from family)
From mum,dad,sister & fiancee!Got to start somewhere i think...

No comments:

Post a Comment